My invisible “burka”: A journey of personal mastery (Part 1)
November 1, 2012 Leave a comment
- Why are you wearing a burka?
- How long have you been wearing a burka?
- Do you know you are wearing a burka?
- What can you see through your burka?
- Can you see clearly with your burka on?
- Who put the burka on you?
What were your first thoughts after reading through those questions? The typical thoughts for those not wearing the ‘” burka” are:
- I am not wearing a burka
- Is this not meant to be a religious attire won by some muslim women?
- The writer has gone crazy
Indeed you may not be wearing a burka, but what are those beliefs – conscious or shadow that affect the choices you make on a day-to-day basis? What are the beliefs that have an impact on: your thoughts, your senses, your actions, your perception?
Those are questions you need to ask yourself.
Until you know who you are, why you do the things you do and why you think the things you think, the invisible “”burka” will remain.
Welcome to a journey of personal mastery.